Owners: Frequently Asked Questions


What about utilities – do they stay in my name?

Nearly all of our properties require the tenant to pay all utilities. In order to receive keys to the property, we require our renters to produce proof that they have switched over electricity, natural gas, and water to their name, effective on the move-in date. Services such as sewer and trash pick-up can become liens against the property, if not paid. Therefore, we recommend those services stay in the owner’s name during tenancy. All you’ll need to do is change the mailing address for sewer and trash billings to “in care of TMPM,” and use our address (PO Box 50673, Sparks NV 89435) for mailing. We’ll pay those bills on your behalf when they come in, and then charge back those amounts to the renter, which will then be due with the next rental payment. We do not charge extra for this service. Please be sure to keep all utilities on in your name, until a new tenant takes possession of the property. You’ll also want to set up a “standing order” with NV Energy and a “landlord cut-in agreement” with Truckee Meadows Water Authority.